Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Happy Dream and Sad Reality






I had an unnusual (for me) thing happen last night; I dreamt and actually remembered that I had a dream!

Two long-time friends and I were shopping, laughing, teasing each other and generally having a great time. Both of these friends have been a big part of my heart for over 15 years. I am sure that I was smiling in my sleep. I don't remember a lot of details about this dream, but I was left with a feeling/memory of laughter, happiness and well-being. It was a blessing.

I was smiling when I woke up. Then reality set in and I remembered that they were gone...and I cried. Like most people; I hate to cry.

However, during the day, today, I found myself smiling again, while remembering my dream so, in spite of my pain; I consider that dream a big blessing.

Moral of this little story; the only thing worse than losing loved ones is never having had them in the first place.

RIP Missy-Nov. 28, 2004
RIP Philly-Nov. 1, 2008
I miss you both.

p.s. The picture above is what Philly left me; her most important possession, so I am honored.
His name is Jack.




No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to comment here. However, comments are moderated, so keep it respectful.